Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Sweet Home, Chicago

Upon leaving the hotel, I went across the street to Grant Park where they were cleaning up from the Taste of Chicago festival. The Buckingham Fountain was amazing...

HPIM2824

but was not to be outdone by the beautiful Jay Pritzker Pavilion, the most sophisticated outdoor concert venue of its kind in the United States, designed by Frank Gehry.

HPIM2825
HPIM2826

From there I roamed the city, ate lunch at Navy Pier, took a trolly up to Lincon Park. On it I talked to a nice woman about places to see while in St. Louis. I walked through the neighborhoods filled with beautiful townhouses, some old with amazing architecture and some new and modern. From there,I took the 'L' to Wrigley Field and stayed just long enough to take a picture.

HPIM2836

By 4:00 I was ready to be on my way, but since I'm jobless, I forget that the rest of the world still does work and sat in traffic leaving Chicago on my way to St. Louis.

Last night I stayed in a town just because I liked the name, Normal, IL. I'll leave it to you to decide if I actually deserve to be here.

No comments: