Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Get your kicks on Rt 66

From Bloomington, IL through St. Louis, MO Rt. 66 runs parallel to I-55, so I'd jump off the interstate every now and then to take a ride on the 'Mother Road'. For the most part I'd have cornfields on my right and the interstate on my left but once in a while I'd drive through a small town with little bungalow houses that look slike those on 16th Avenue in Belmar, NJ. Or I'd see a block of shops that comprised of their Main Street, complete with the train tracks running through at the edge of the block.

HPIM2838_1

The best surprise was driving and coming upon this roadside attraction of a huge ax embedded in a stump, and a huge Abe Lincon riding on a covered wagon, This is the Land of Lincon after all.

HPIM2841_1

HPIM2842_1

No comments: