Sunday, July 03, 2005

Hello, Cleveland!!

Total miles: dont know yet.
States vistied: 2


Nothing is better than the taste of a cold beer in the summer sun on the banks of Lake Erie.

HPIM2774

At the Ohio border I stopped to take a picture of the "Welcome to Ohio" sign. A biker had the same idea. He asked where I was going.

"Oh, around."

"Around??"

"You know, Cleveland, Chicago, St. Louis."

He seemed astonished.

HPIM2778

I got into Cleveland around 2:30 and went to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I didn't go into the museum because I was there in 2001, but I did stop in the gift shop to grab some things. From there I went to the Great Lakes Science Center which was really cool because I'm a science geek, but the most incredible exhibit was the Body World exhibit. It was plasticed bodies, skinned, disected and posed. But as gruesome and morbid as it all sounds, it was absolutely fantastic! I can't recommend enough.

There wasn't much else going on Downtown, maybe because it was Sunday, so I went to The Flats for dinner. The Flats is a converted industrial district which now has bars, restaurants and other various fun stuff. That's where I am now, drinking a beer and taking advantage of their wireless internet connection. Apparantly Hewey Lewis and the News is playing here tonight. Maybe I'll try and get some tickets.

No comments: