Sunday, July 03, 2005

Harrisburg, PA

Day Two.
Miles traveled: 177
States visited: 1

I spent the night just outside of Harrisburg, PA. It had been a long day and the train delays, the crowds and the heat had taken all the energy out of me.

I knew when I got into Amish country not by the signs or the scenery, but by the smell. Horse shit. Nothing but the smell of horse shit was in the air.

After a quick dinner at the Eat 'n Park, I got a room at the Holiday Inn which was fantastic for the wireless internet access and jaccuzi. It was just what my body needed after a crazy day.

I was finally able to see what was happening on the Live 8 stage from the tv and from the online replays. Damn, there were a lot of people there!

So now I have some breakfast in me and I'm ready to hit the road. This will be the first day of read driving. I have 6 hours to Cleveland.

No comments: